A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
It’s been a challenging week – and that’s a good thing. Mostly. I’ve recovered from the abscessed tooth, which will be extracted a week from tomorrow. Hopefully, that will eliminate the largest danger, but I’ll need some other dental work in order to avoid a repeat with another tooth…
I’ve continued to write a poem every day, to plot my NaNo novel for next week, and (mostly) stayed up to date with my blogging. I’ve made many, many visits to other bloggers, and dove back into my flash fiction revision project. I’ve done a bit of hometending- but it’s been a tired week, as my body fought the infection, so I took things easy, and mostly rested.
We stayed home this week, but, last Thursday, the kids and I went to our state museum. Those pictures haven’t been edited yet, so I’ll share a few from previous visits – the museum is a favorite destination for us.
Recently at shanjeniah:
- We walk in the apple orchard; feel the aftershocks of passion with Trip and T’Pol; and I speak up for children’s voices. There was quite a lot of poetry, too!
- First I assesed my nest, then I settled in for some poetry and plotting.
- We took a lingering look at windows; then more windows; and discovered some new things to be thankful for.
- Lots of exercise, a trip to the New York State Museum, and an adventure with an abscesses tooth.
- I missed my regular C and C post this week; emergency dental appointment; lots of pain…
- C and C Bonus Cuppa: Island of Glass Cover Reveal -come have a cuppa, and read along while Ruth Nestvold shares glassmaking, fairy tales, alternate history, and humor in her latest YA offering!
- Intense Reaction: What’s going on with T’Pol? Will she and Trip be able to resist the intense reactions they have to one another? Do they really even want to?
- Snippet based on the Star Trek: Enterprise series pilot, Broken Bow, Part 1.
- Shape of My Heart: What’s better than a TnT snippet every week? Getting a bonus story, with a soundtrack by Sting, that’s what! =D
- Day 12: Daughter of Vulcan; Son of Earth
- Day 13: Behind Blue Eyes
- Day 14: One Wild and Precious Life
- Settling Into My Nest: Lots of poetry; lots of plotting; a monster toothache; a trip to the museum, and some other stuff, too.
- Little Nest in the Big Weeds: My tooth feels much better, but I lost momentum with some goals…oh, and I share Yellowstone memories, too!
My fiction writing plans for October: (I’ve dropped and adapted, here, so I can focus on the high priority projects for the remainder of the month).
Complete character sketches and biographies,and plot my NaNoWriMo project, The Earth Doth Move, another Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction – the companion novel to my fantasy WIP, Blood and Breath.
- FutureLearn Shakespeare and His World and Exploring Play. For research and inspiration…
- OctPoWriMo: 31 poems in 31 days! I’ll give you a new poem each day, as well as revising those I wrote two years ago.
- Unknown Worlds Review– Continue revising 3 stories for submission here by October 31.
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: Join the conversation at Rose B. Fischer‘s Redefining Disability Awareness Project, as I explore “What’s in a Name?” – and I really am going to post it, this time!
- WIPpet Wednesday will host another excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance – I’ll be picking up where I left off last week, with “ Keep Your Shirt On”, the sixteenth installment of “Tigress T’Pol”. T’Pol and Trip play with language…you would think that would be safer, right? Right?! 😉
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), Another stream-of-consciousness post on the weekly prompt, TBA.
- ROW80 Updates: My twice-weekly progress on A Round of Words in 80 Days.
- And an OctPoWriMo poem each day.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Monet’s Garden: Beth Camp takes us on a lovely, magical journey – in poetry, imagery, and learning.
- Sunday Weekly Wrap-Up: Bunny’s Girl shares her recent artistic creations…more lovely, more smiles, more joy!
- And, because I used it in a post this week, and had forgotten how much I love it…
- Abscessed tooth, poetry, growing pains, recovery, and home beautification were the order of the week!
How about you? What have you been up to, this week? What’s on tap for next? Drop me a line, and share what’s happening in your world!