A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
I’ve been – busy. No, that’s not the perfect word, but it’ll do. Inspiration has led to action, and more inspiration, and more action, and…
I’m engaged in many things, and, maybe predictably, I don’t have a lot else to say…So, on to the good stuff! =D
Recently at shanjeniah:
- It was an inspiring week filled with ideas, explorations, and wonder…click on the links to take a peek into the past!
- Inspiring Spaces, some thoughts on being “average”, and a powerful Vulcan- human collision. Lemurs and suspended animation, a therapist for your characters, and a bit of Friday inspiration.
- Underrated Treasures Blog Hop, fitness tips, and young entrepreneurs and the parents who love them. Homeschool reports were completed, I headed into the final week of ROW80 Round 3, and I learned how to make PicMonkey collages!
- Disabled Characters: Descriptor or Definition?: Rose B. Fischer’s Redefining Disability Awareness Project: I explore my own characters with disabilities – and learn something along the way.
- C and C Bonus Cuppa: The Underrated Treasures Blog Hop: Come discover some new movies, books, bands, and television shows you might never have heard of – and just might love! =D
- Fierce Impact:Trip senses that T’Pol‘s forceful seduction is beyond her control, and maybe not what she wants- but can he stop a too-amorous Vulcan?
- Snippet based on the Star Trek: Enterprise series pilot, Broken Bow, Part 1.
- First Things First? A prompt to use an ordinal number leads me on a ramble about prioritizing when all parts seem equal, birth order, and the changing season.
A Sprinkling of Seasonings: The bits of this and that I added to the mix!
- Generate Nerve-Shredding Story Tension – Power of the Secret-Keeper: A well-timed treasure from Kristen Lamb’s Blog will make my revisions sizzlier – can it help you, too?
- An Inspirational Stretch: I enter the last days of the round productive, energized, and, well, inspired!
- A Relaxing Stretch: And Round Three comes to an end in a state of productive relaxation…
My fiction writing plans for the last days of September, and the beginning of October:
- Continue revising my time-travel fantasy novel, Chameleon’s Dish (title subject to change), set in the 1612-13 London area.
- Continue drafting Perchance to Dream, the Star Trek: TOS/ Enterprise fanfiction companion novel to my original fantasy, The Stars are Fire.
- Complete character sketches and biographies, and begin plotting my NaNoWriMo project, The Earth Doth Move (title changed), another Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction which is the companion novel to my existing fantasy WIP, Blood and Breath, which I’m rereading and making pre-revision notations.
- FutureLearn Shakespeare and His World: This is a free class that begins tomorrow! Bee Halton clued me in, and deserves HUGE thanks! It’ll be fun, and #itswritingresearch! =D
- OctPoWriMo: 31 poems in 31 days! I’ll be writing a new poem each day, as well as revising the one I wrote on that date 2 years ago. Fun and poetic times await! =D
- Unknown Worlds Review– Continue revising 3 stories for submission here by October 31.
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation, A special treat this week – my friend and fellow WIPpeteer, Amy Leibowitz, is having a Cover Reveal! Come learn more about her upcoming novel, Lower Education. We’ve got the cover, and we get to peek inside!
- WIPpet Wednesday will host another excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance – I’ll be picking up where I left off last week, with “Kroykah?”, the fourteenth installment of “Tigress T’Pol”. Will Trip‘s efforts to slow down T’Pol’s amorous onslaught save her from her primal instincts, before they reach the point of no return?
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), I’ll be writing a stream-of-consciousness post on the weekly prompt.
- ROW80 Updates: It’s a break for A Round of Words in 80 Days. I’ll be doing an evaluation of my yearly goals, and then relaxing until Round 4 begins on October 6.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- 52 Weeks of ChaOS: An Introduction: Shaunta Grimes at Going Reno offers an intriguing year-long organization plan, which I’m exploring this fall. I’ll be posting my progress from time to time as I embrace creating lovelier chaos! =D
- Be Insulted by a French Robot via Google Translate: A.D. Martin originally shared this gem! Give it a try!
- And because I can’t get enough of these two…
- Lots of hometending, yardtending, and getting ready for winter.
- And relaxing while I wrap up some things and move others forward, during the ROW80 break.
- Apple picking and enjoying the fall weather.
So, what have you been up to this week? Any exciting fall plans for next week? I’d love to hear about it!