Often, I write something fun in this space, or share revelations that occur to me during the week. Today, though, I’m just not feeling that talkative- saving myself up for NaNo, I guess.
I’m plotting, and blogging, and writing.
So, instead, I’ll just say I hope everyone here is happy, healthy, and doing many things they love!
And now, my ROW80 progress for this session…
Current Goals Buffet Samplings :
- Offering a sustainable schedule of features.
Maintain four non-ROW80 posts weekly, throughout the round. Target exceeded!
- Coffee and Conversation: The Nature of Gaps
- WIPpet Wednesday: Proxy Possibility
- Wordless Wednesday:Pattern Block Play
- Saturday’s Share: Formerly Feral Felines
- Yup, that’s another five lovely posts.
- Build stock back up -to deplete it again in November.
Keep up with comments; or post an explanation. Target attained!
- Done on Friday and Sunday. A tad late, but better than forgetting! =D
- NaNo Planning
Write or Plan one scene weekly for The Stars are Fire and Perchance to Dream, through October. Target attained!
Perchance to Dream: Target attained!
- Planned :Adapt Scene #20; Plan Scene #21
- Written: Scene #20; 2,079 words
- WIP Total: 72, 464 / ~100,000 words.
- On hiatus until December, to accommodate NaNo.
The Stars are Fire:Target attained!
- Adapted/Planned :Scenes #27 and #28
- Written: Scene #27; 1,666 new words.
- WIP Total: 66,811 / ~100,000 words.
- On hiatus until December, to accommodate NaNo.
Plan King of Shreds and Patches; complete Rock Your Plot planning exercise/ scene-by-scene outline. – October 31. On target.
Add quick sketches of connecting scenes. Target attained!
- 28/28 -All done!
Add GMCD for all connecting scenes. On target.
- 17/28 scenes complete. Over half done with this step! =D
Give quick title and sketched action for all scenes.On target.
- 60/60 scenes titled – WAHOO! =D
- 36/60 scenes complete. A paragraph each for Opening, Middle, and Disaster. Over half of the way to my first-ever fully outlined NaNo novel! =D
- Working out the tangles as I go.
Chart vital stats for each scene: (the old whowhatwherewhenwhyhow).On target.
- 2/60 scenes completed.
Set up scenes in Scrivener.On target.
- 2/60 scenes set up.
- Double check all notes and prep for consistency.
- Breathe deeply till Friday!
Tidying and beautifying my physical, virtual, and interior spaces.
Ponder . Brainstorm, discuss, freewrite, percolate. On target.
A natural by-product of NaNo planning; more details in December.
Decorate bulletin board, take down maps (moving to family or living room). On target.
Bought new wrapping paper to prettify board, and a staple puller for the maps.
Found a new home for our large US map.
Hang ribbon board. On target.
Jim found tacks and a hammer.– now to use them!
Keep email inbox clear. Check at least twice weekly; sort, file, and delete each time.Target attained!
A little less on top of this. Haven’t used Kindle in a day or two, during NaNo final planning stages.
Keep Spam folder clear. Check at least twice weekly; sort, file, and delete each time.Target attained!
- Exercise and Movement.
Make time and sweetness for Jim, in ways that are meaningful to us both, and in ways that are important to him.Target attained!
- I asked Jim. He said I did. =)
Do the same for the children, individually and together.Target attained!
- Our first trip to the independent local game store. I bought each child a game or two.
- Trip to Target.
- Time at the Y.
- Playing with pendulums, inverted and otherwise.
- Walks and a birthday party.
- Annalise’s Halloween costume ordered.
Immerse myself in writing, living, and being with my family, striving for presence. On target.
- A banner writing week! Lots of planning for KOSAP, and a scene each for PTD and TSAF. Good times!
- I was present with these cool people I live with, although a little crankier than I’d like, here and there!
Regularly evaluate; adjust as needed.On target.
- NaNo hasn’t made me crazy, yet – only slightly sleep-deprived! =)
Practice movement daily, for at least a few minutes.Target attained!
- Two workouts, a walk, and moderate hometending.
Add a little more intention to this, and remember to move even when in long nighttime writing sessions, at least occasionally. On target.
- Definitely better this time.
Work out at least once a week. Target attained!
- A fast and moderate 45 minute workout. 3 minutes on the arc trainer, 2 machines each for arms, legs, and body.
Work out on Thursday, while kids enjoy Prime Time program. Target attained, if abbreviated.
Get outside for at least a few minutes each day.Target attained!
- Yes! Every day – whether to stand out in a light, almost-snow rain, or to and from the car, or out walking or chatting.
Allow time and space to indulge my passions. Target attained!
- Yup. Time with loved ones;plotting; blogging. All the new Deadliest Catch episodes on Netflix.Time outside in the air!
Read, comment, and share others’ posts and links.Target attained!
I’ve just started this week’s WIPpet Wednesday posts!
Tend sponsor duties promptly.Target attained!
- Finishing and Adding
- ROW80 and WIPpet Wednesday Oct 23
- Wednesday, Already?
- Wednesday Woes and a Head Cold
Why not go ROWer-peeping this fall?
- Suddenly Almost: ROW80 Update, September 15, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Weaving Chaos and Creativity – ROW80 Update, 10/14/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Round 4 2013 – Weaving a Writing Life (shanjeniah.com)
- “If…” or “To Sleep, perchance to Dream…” (undiscoveredauthor.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Rabbit Stew (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Weaving, Weaving, Weaving: ROW80 Update, 10/23/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Weaving a WIP – ROW80 Update, October 21, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)