What is ROW80, you ask? Why, it’s Kait Nolan‘s baby, The Writing Challenge that Knows You Have a Life!
Have you ever had one of those weeks where things just seemed a little – unhinged? As though you were always doing something, but often not remotely what you thought you would be doing? Where all the things you want to do seem to keep being set aside to do other things, and you don’t quite know why,or how to change it? Like time is something of a black hole, and you are caught in it?
It’s been something of an odd session. I’ve gotten a lot done, but more than a bit of it was not on any of my goals lists, anywhere.
I guess it makes sense. Not only is it the first week of a new month, and the first week of post-Camp NaNo writing intensity, but I’ve been prone to headaches that keep threatening to turn into migraines…and we have a nephew visiting this weekend, and out of state day guests and Annalise’s pool party,being gifted to her by my parents, with whom I am more or less estranged, tomorrow.
Lovely Chaos indeed!
And, while I repeat that like a mantra, I’ll pretend that the trail didn’t keep on winding its way up the mountain, past the lovely and sloping place where we made our camp!
Here’s an accounting of my ROW80 Goals Progress…and what will be next!
Tweak The Unfettered Life header. On target.
I have the adapted logline – in my head. A tiny step forward.
Tweak shanjeniah header. Pending.
- Hgngj,ghtiuygu87436r48i7tyyyu5ity7uuied – in the spirit if this thread, when I got up todo a hometending sprint, my cat Squeak decided to claim my keyboard. The above is her encrypted message to the world at large, apparently! ; )
Upload photos to Flickr and create two Sayen Gardens posts. On target.
- Edited 5 more images in Picmonkey ; uploaded to Flickr.
Continue editing for more Sayen Garen posts. Pending.
- Nothing this session.
Draft 2 Coffee and Conversation posts for stacking. On target.x
- I somewhat accidentally fell into one draft while commenting at length on a Facebook image. Deleted most of the comment there, where it was not likely to get fair reading, and moved it to a LibreOffice file to play with.
Write and post a Saturday’s Share for this week. Target attained!
Create a file for potential stacking, per feature. Pending.
Begin brainstorming ideas. On target.
- I kept a notebook close to hand, and, while writing, jotted ideas for Coffee and Conversations and Saturday’s Share posts as they came to me.
Rough draft of revised posting schedule. On target.
I’ve jotted something I feel is sustainable in my notebook. I will let it breathe for a few days, then tinker and/or post.
Keep up with comments and sharing. Target attained!
Editing (With Cathy Yardley’s Rock Your Revisions🙂 Pending.
My printer arrived on Saturday, later than expected. We have company and plans through tomorrow, so I won’t even be opening it till Tuesday. Eager to get started!
Chameleon’s Dish :
Print for reread. Pending.
Begin reading to my beta listeners (Annalise and Jeremiah). Pending.
Take general notes, Pending.
Begin list of things to look at. Pending.
Bounded by a Nutshell:
Print for reread. Pending.
To Be or Not to Be – Write at least 25,000 words in August. On target.
4,239 of 25,000 words.
The Stars are Fire – Write or plan one scene each week in August. On target.
I reread Scenes 18-21, in preparation for planning Scene 22.
Perchance to Dream – Write or plan one scene each week in August. On target.
Reread the last 3 scenes, and the planning for the next, in preparation for writing.
Scene 14, Spock’s POV, in progress: 1,494 new words; WIP total: 53,098 words.
Continue planning as POV scenes are completed. Pending.
Update Long -term Goals, Noveling Action Plan, and all Blogging Action Plans. On target.
Long-term goals updated. Next, to post.
Maintain sponsor visits. Target attained!
ELA and Mathematics for both IHIPs and fourth quarter reports (due September 1). On target.
After much frustration with mainstream, school-oriented resources, I turned to my local online Facebook homeschooling group – and found an entire seventh grade IHIP to adapt! SCORE!!!!!!
Completed Jeremiah’s IHIP Mathematics
Completed Jeremiah’s Quarterly Reading
Add Sciences to IHIPs and Quarterlies.
Annalise’s IHIP Sciences complete.
Read, comment, and share the WANA113 blogs I saved. On target.
I read two! And I commented! And I shared! =)
Join in on the conversation. Target attained!
August has been a surprise package for me, so far! May it delight us all with its mysteries!
To peek in on, and/or encourage other ROWers, click here!
- Farewell to Forty-Three: ROW80 Update, July 28, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Hello, Forty-Four: ROW80 Update, July 31, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Reach Exceeds Grasp: ROW80 Update, July 21, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- It’s (not) Learn Nothing Day (here): ROW80 Update, July 24, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Home, and Tending Pending: ROW80 Update, July 18, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Photo site Flickr to go down for six hours (fox6now.com)
- Yes, She is 9: ROW80 Update, July 8, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Smile! Flickr has an official iPhone app (reviews.cnet.com)
- The App Whisperer – Flickr Group Showcase – July 28 2013 (theappwhisperer.com)