What is ROW80, you ask? Why, it’s Kait Nolan‘s baby, The Writing Challenge that Knows You Have a Life!
It’s been a soft and quiet two days, and the weekend will be a bustle of activity and adventure. This is the space between – between Annalise and Elijah, between celebration and sorrow, between peace and joyful chaos…
Today, Wednesday, is a day of preparing, of kids antsy and eager for the weekend, of the fatigue that often, for me, comes before intense social interaction.
Sunday’s update may be very brief, or delayed until Monday, or even Tuesday, due to the activities slated to last until Monday…
So, without further ado, here’s what I’ve been up to….
Week Two Note:
This is a busy and emotional week, bustling with activity. I’m not setting concrete goals, only options.
I will be writing, and planning, each day, but that may be only a line or two, and may be in a notebook rather than on the computer, because it’s not the type of week when I can easily predict what might happen, or how much time I will have available, and when.
Or, given the birthdays that bracket this week (two children; one living, one not), my emotional ability to shift my focus.
Warm and happy comments might not be answered, right away, but will be deeply appreciated this week!
Week Two Options are in bolded blue; Week One carryovers in bolded black.
Read some Pocket saves; file for later blogging fodder. Target attained!
- I’ve read and sorted several, and will likely read more in the coming days
Weekly posts: Wed posts, Monday and/or Saturday. Pending.
- No posts yet this week.
Catch up on blog comment responses…I’m woefully backed up, due to intense NaNo focus. On target.
- I caught up the backlog on shanjeniah, and will attempt to keep it from getting overloaded again!
- Next up, Trueborn Jottings.
Possibly very abbreviated ROW80 updates. On target.
- Wednesday posts pending at this writing.
Take pictures! Pending.
I had a minor camera issue – fixed now!
Writing (July CampNaNoWriMo)
Write something on current WIP each day. Target attained!
- The Stars are Fire: 38,012 words total.
Plot something on either/both WIPs each day. Target attained!
- Plotting on both WIPs, daily.
- I continue plotting The Stars are Fire a scene ahead for each POV character.
- I am moving through rough planning the connecting scenes of Perchance to Dream. I have reached the midpoint, and should have all scenes roughed before beginning the rough draft on or about July 15.
Maintain updates and some social media contact. On target.
- Update in progress.
- I’ve checked in on Facebook and Twitter, this week.
Submit sponsor post. Target attained!
- Obligation met!
Do sponsor visits. Target attained!
- Greetings From The Belly Of The Big Fish
Some Bad Stuff Happened
- ROW80 Check in
Do ELA stuff for kids’ IHIPs and fourth quarter reports. Pending.
I continue to breathe, expand, and believe! Target attained!
Celebrate! Target attained!
- Our birthday girl was well feted!
Honor and remember. On target.
- Elijah is surfacing in my memory, often this week.
Be with friends. Pending.
- Our weekend plans include many friends.
Soak it all up. On target.
- I’m building in time for this into my weekend preparations.
Be present. On target.
- I am practicing presence, and that’s helping me to take each moment as it comes to me.
Be honest. On target.
- I am focusing on stating my needs and feelings simply and honestly.
Be gentle with others. On target.
- Not perfect, but I am consciously tending to my approach to others.
Relax. On target.
- While busily engaged with writing and time-sensitive weekend plans, I am still making relaxation a priority.
Be gentle with myself. On target.
- I am treating me gently.
Give myself the space to be, all week long. On target.
- So far, so good.
I attained several of my Week Two goals, while planning for a busy weekend adventure I will share the details of next week. I made sure there was space for life and presence in each day.
For me, Week Two is the shifting from joy , to remembrance (Saturday would be Elijah’s 10th birthday, the tenth one he won’t be alive to celebrate).
It’s a paradoxical week, but it has and will be filled with life, and love, and adventure, and then it will pass, and Elijah’s Days will progress, with life being lived richly by those still living…
May July roll sweetly on, for all of my readers!
To peek in on, and/or encourage other ROWers, click here!
- Yes, She is 9: ROW80 Update, July 8, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Of Passion and Calmness – ROW80 Update, 7/4/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Delving Passion: My Writing Goals – ROW80 Round 3, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Wait a While, While I Wrap Up:ROW80 Update, June 11,2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Read a Little…Rockin’ Revelations: ROW80 Update, June 16, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Noveling Action Plan Progress: Revised June 24, 2013 (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Try a Little Darkness..in 3D!: ROW80 Update, June 19, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Waiting Amidst Lovely Chaos – ROW80 Update, 5/26/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- WIP Wednesday (candaceknoebel.wordpress.com)
- Try a Little…Creative Sustenance: ROW80 Update, June 9, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)