I had thought that writing three blog posts a week was going to be a large challenge, but I think that was because I was thinking of it as a huge deal, and now I see that these very long posts of mine may actually be getting in my way, losing readers who can’t keep up with those gigantic chunks of words I’ve been trying to force on them!
Now I get it….LITTLE posts….1000 words or less, is my target. After a bit, I may try to reduce it maybe a little more…
It’s good to remember these things, once I discover them! And this one is going to make it a simpler matter to meet the goal of three blogposts, without undue strain…
And, on a similar note, these updates tend to be so long that I often spend two days on them.
Two days during which I’m not spending very much time writing other things.
Two days during which I create behemoth reports that are daunting to read…
So, in another leap of faith, I am going to trust what I’m feeling…
These updates don’t need to be nearly so long. I don’t need to explain every detail…
And I’m not going to.
I will save the in-depth reporting for the every-other-Sunday evaluation, and, for the rest of the reports, I will simply (really, I do mean simply!) say what I am doing, maybe what I’m thinking, and then, get on about the process of actually doing, again!
Today, the kids and I went swimming. I am very tired…the lovely full wolf moon means I have been awake, writing, all night. The kids have been waking up about the time I’m winding down, so sleep has been – elusive…I’ve had about 14 hours of sleep, total, for the last three days. Now, I don’t need a lot of sleep, but my fatigued body and foggy mind make it clear that I need more than this!
So I may be sleeping more, and writing less, over the next day or two, as the ebb I was expecting finally washes over me.
Of course, my mind seldom stops, and so, if I sleep, I will dream, and that will feed my writing, later.
Here, in brief, is what I’ve been working on, during those lovely moonlit nights:
- Finding Esta (for Shah Wharton) – editing 76% complete.
- Sima Garo Provides (WIP) – pre-writing notes for Chapter 12, Scene 3. Added one scene to the synopsis.
- Bounded by a Nutshell (WIP) – pre-rewrite notes for three scenes; added to the synopsis.
- Sponsor Visits – Read “my fours”, and several other posts…will get back to actually comment tonight or tomorrow, depending on when sleep takes me..I will share at the next update.
- Article Reading – Kristen Lamb‘sThe Most Powerful Social Media Tool for Building an Author Platform-Part 1 (a very good article, and I will be back to read the other parts!). It’s also good preparation for my upcoming class…
- Blogging – I have three posts drafted and color-blocked (my first step in the revision process) – one for each blog. I have done more sidebar editing for this blog, and added to my blogroll.
- Miscellaneous Stuff – clearing emails, answering comments, fan fiction, checking details for upcoming class, lots of Adam-12!
What’s on my plate for the rest of the week?
- Finding Esta – Finish the edit, and get it back to Shah. Rough draft of book review.
- Sima Garo Provides – Add seven scenes to synopsis; pre-writing notes for one scene; write two scenes.
- Queen of My Infinite Spaces (poetry WIP) – Reread all poems, make notes for conclusion.
- Bowlful of Bunnies (L.S. Engler) – Revise book review, schedule as next week’s post.
- Sponsor Visits – comment on the ones I’ve read, read and comment on Wednesday’s .
- Blogging – Revise and schedule pending posts; sidebar editing; blogroll; start rereading April posts.
- Evaluation Sunday – Review progress and goals; consider goals and adapt as needed.
- Miscellaneous – hometending; firewood restocking; email, comments, and very likely lots more Adam-12!
- Trustful Blossoming: #ROW80 Update 1/23/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Bounding Trust – #ROW80 Commentary, 1/27/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Evaluating Trust #1: #ROW80 Update 1/20/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 2013: Round 1 Goals – Building with Trust (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 2013 Round 1 Goals; post 1/20 Evaluation (shanjeniah.com)
- #ROW80 Update 1/27/13 -Progress Only (shanjeniah.com)
- Building With Trust ROW80 2013 Round 1 Goals List (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update, 1/9/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Genesis 2013 – #ROW80 Round 1 Goals Update, 1/9/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- ROWing Through Four Seasons – Final #ROW80 2012 Update (shanjeniah.com)