Well, our mellow Thanksgiving is past, but not my gratitude, as I continue the Thankvember blog hop.
My novel is still growing, albeit slowly, and the children’s reports are moving along.
Achoo the kitten has more than doubled her weight, and is visibly bigger than a bit less than two weeks ago, when she got here.
Srindi and her sister Squeak, the bigger semi-feral girls, have been here a week. They are becoming cautiously curious about the house, and gradually expanding their comfort zones. Srindi in particular is interested in us and what we are up to. Early this morning, while I was petting Achoo, she came quite close, almost as if she wanted to join in, but wasn’t sure she could trust.
Things have been grouchy and out of sorts here today, but there have also been moments of grace and sweetness. I remind myself that this is a part of growth and new capabilities – and that, even when I don’t handle things as well as I wish I had, I handle them much better than I once did, and I, too, am still learning and growing.
I hold to the knowledge that these rougher patches lead inevitably to growing, deepening, and peace.
Which reminds me of one of my favorite Kurt Vonnegut quotes…
First, a few New Things, as the November Challenges wind down…
I’ve attained one of my Big Five for November. Two more are well underway. The last two are ongoing, and I am current with them.
That means a little room is clearing up in my mind and my writing flow, and so, I am adding a few small secondary projects to the list, to fill in the gaps that will be appearing as other things are finished or humming along nicely.
Resume using Twitter for reading, commenting, posting, and connecting.
- I have added a Twitter app to my new Kindle, so that I can have more browsing options.
- I’ve begun learning theTwitter app layout and how to use it.
- I’ve accessed Twitter from both the laptop and the Kindle. Reading articles seems to be a bit easier on the laptop but not impossible on the tablet.
- I’ve begun saving Twitter articles I would like to read to my Read Later files…and now, I will be experimenting with finding a good and regular time to read a few of these before the file explodes! =D
Catch up with comments on shanjeniah.
- I began answering comments. I expect this to pick up as other things are completed.
- I made steady progress moving through the list on this goal. It feels good. =D
Begin sorting and deleting email messages.
- I have deleted all irrelevant messages in my Inbox.
- I have categorizing unread messages into folders for reading them later.
- I read and tended to several messages.
- I have attained this goal.
- From this point, I will return to tending to these messages every day or two.
Modified #ROW80 / #NaNoWriMo Projects November 1-30, 2012
I have completed the NaNoWriMo Challenge . I will be focusing on the homeschool reports, and will also be interspersing smaller projects into my writing times as noted above. I will then spend the remainder of the round doing “hometending” in my writing spaces, both physical and virtual so that I can begin a new year with the greater degree of focus I am striving for now.
- I have resumed to my established Monday/Thursday visiting schedule.
- 11/21 check-in visits:
- November 21 ROW Check-In
- The Essence of Genre- Part 1 -Boxes With Eyes
- Not Enough Hours and a late update
- Wow, What a Week!
- I will continue to post twice-weekly updates on my progress.
- Continuing to meet this goal. =D
- I tend to get quite solitary when I am noveling. I intend, this time, to visit my buddies at least a few times each during the round, and to visit the NaNoWriMo 2012 Facebook Page at least once a day, as well as the #NaNoWriMo folks over atTwitter, which I am finally getting the hang of.
- Less visiting early this session, as I spent some time learning my Kindle, and gave my social energy to family on Thursday.
- I checked in on the Facebook Page on Friday, and read these blogposts:
- Thanksgiving and a Resignation
- Excuses and Reality
- I have visited and explored at #nanowrimo, following a couple of writers there, commenting, and retweeting.
- I paid a brief visit to WANATribe NaNoWriMo 2012 group. I joined at the beginning of the month, and have not gotten over there at all, until now. I am thinking I can go pop in here and there to cheer on those still headed for the finish line..
- I am beginning to read the other interviews at My Write Spot (mine went up on the 16th).
- This goal is being set aside until December, or until I clear the November projects.
- I will be posting updates here, and likely also on my shanjeniah’s Trueborn blog.
- Done above.
- This session’s excerpt:
- Sima Garo Provides, Chapter Ten, Scene Two
- And, of course, I will be writing a novel this month…or 50,000 words of one, anyway! =)
- My current word count is 54, 879. I am beginning Chapter Ten, Scene Three.
- I’ve had a bit of a breakthrough in a difficult plot point. My protagonist’s culture considers their planet to be a living entity with consciousness; now, my heroine is becoming fully aware of the pulse of her world – and the world herself will aid in ridding herself of the Otherworlders who have invaded and begun mining on this world that had never known digging deeper than farming.
- This is helping with the ongoing plot development, and gives the planet some power over her own destiny, as well as making her a supporting character. =)
Fitness Goals – I will focus on eating before I am hungry (and getting protein and magnesium into every other time I eat). I will be active enough that I can always feel my body and muscles. I will add more fruits and vegetables to my diet, and be more attentive to how much water I am drinking.
- I’ve adapted the above goal a bit. I will be focusing on eating before I am hungry – at the point where I begin to want to eat. Doing this over the past few days seems to have led to more stability in my moods, as well as fewer food cravings.
- I will be recording my progress here, along with my energy levels for that Sunday – Tuesday or Wednesday – Saturday period.
- I have been in a state of Slack Tide. I’m still dabbling, and taking time to learn my Kindle and play, but I feel my sense of focus returning.
- I did some moderate hometending Friday – Sunday – mostly just upkeep. I had planned to move firewood from outside, but it began to rain.
- Instead, I began to restock the house supply – it’s going to turn colder after several warmish days.
- I have been following a more intuitive and natural approach to eating and drinking, and allowing myself to feel my body’s wishes.
- This is becoming more and more natural. We ate Thanksgiving dinner at a local buffet restaurant (Thanksgiving food appeals to neither Jeremiah nor Annalise). Despite the option to eat all I wanted of a huge variety of foods, I ate small amounts of things that appealed to me, and which, taken together, created a reasonably well-balanced meal. I wasn’t especially hungry upon arrival, and left satisfied but not full. This is significant, for me. =D
- Still working on attending better to my water consumption.
Moving ahead with the Reporting Pages projects for both children..
- These are non-negotiable and due on December 1, 2012.
- I will be making these a primary focus in this and coming sessions, until complete, edited, linked, submitted, and posted. I would like to clear this obligation from my mental clutter list – and the sooner, the better!! =D
- I have completedAnnalise’s Patriotism and Citizenshipsection and Annalise’s Geography section.
- I formatted Annalise’s Visual Arts section and Jeremiah’s United States History section.
- I will report my progress here with each update.
- Progress is listed above.
- I am finally feeling as though I am finding peace, balance, and a path to completion of this goal.
I am participating in the Thankvember Blog Hop.
I will be scheduling them ahead where and when I can. When I can’t, I will do them at some point throughout the day.
- Posts completed for this session:
- National Parks – Thankvember Twenty-First
- Gratitude – Thankvember Twenty- Second
- Technology-Thankvember Twenty-Third
- Simplicity – Thankvember Twenty- Fourth
- I’ve fallen a bit behind again, with the holiday and the new Kindle. I can accept that – my focus is on being caught up before the session is over. Forcing myself to write grateful posts feels wrong!
- Posts are in varying stages of development through November 25.
- Posts are published through November 24.
My overarching goal for this round remains: To Honor Myself – my rhythms, energy, needs, truth, dreams, desires, and emotions.
So it goes…
- Achoo! A Thankvember NaNoROW – 11/14/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Kitten Central – Thankvember NaNoROW, 11/18/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Kindling New Fires – Thankvember NaNoROW 11/21/1 (shanjeniah.com)
- Simplicity – Thankvember Twenty-Fourth (shanjeniah.com)
- The Vagabond Studio: Thankvember Blog Hop (shanjeniah.com)
- Technology -Thankvember Twenty-Third (shanjeniah.com)