Greetings from Kitten Central!
The children and I made the hour-plus drive today, and claimed our two semi-feral kittens, Srindi and Squeak. They’ve had exposure to Eden Mabee and her family, and a bit of limited access to inside, but, for the most part, they have lived outside, with their sister Pumpkin and mom Creamsicle.
So this will be a short update, because our home is suddenly full of felines, and it’s the beginning of Jim’s weekend, and I am tired from a lot of driving, a very pleasant visit, and tending to small lives…
I might have more to say on Wednesday, when things will have settled a bit…
So, what’s new in your life? Leave me a comment, if you are inclined…I love comments! =D
Modified #ROW80 / #NaNoWriMo Projects November 1-30, 2012
Now that I have completed the challenge, I will be focusing on the homeschool reports, and will also be interspersing smaller projects into my writing times. These will include catching up on email, Twitter, and blog comments; preparing and submitting; following up on some guest posting and awards business; and tidying things up so that I can spend the remainder of the round effectively.
- I have resumed to my established Monday/Thursday visiting schedule.
- I will continue to post twice-weekly updates on my progress.
- Continuing to meet this goal. =D
- I tend to get quite solitary when I am noveling. I intend, this time, to visit my buddies at least a few times each during the round, and to visit the NaNoWriMo 2012 Facebook Page at least once a day, as well as the #NaNoWriMo folks over atTwitter, which I am finally getting the hang of.
- I have continued to visit the Facebook NaNo Page, sometimes throughout the day, and others just to drop in here or there.
- I am beginning to visit my Writing Buddies, albeit slowly.
- I am beginning to read the other interviews at My Write Spot (mine went up on the 16th).
- I intend to make comments on each interview after I read it, and to visit those interviewees who inspire or intrigue me.
- I will be posting updates here, and likely also on my shanjeniah’s Trueborn blog.
- I’ve seriously scaled back my writing on my NaNo novel, now that I have attained the 50K goal. Other projects have taken precedence, but I am still writing, and gearing up to enter the endgame chapters.
- I know there is at least one glaring inconsistency. I am leaving it for now, though, because I am not doing rewrites until sometime this winter. Also, I am in the process of a better approach to the plot point in question, so deleting a few paragraphs will likely fix the problem.
- Otherwise, I am still really liking this story, and the way it connects to other volumes in the double series.
- And, of course, I will be writing a novel this month…or 50,000 words of one, anyway! =)
- I am currently at 52, 230 words, and have finished Scene 4 and Chapter Nine.
- Excerpt from this session’s writing:
- Sima Garo Provides, Chapter Nine, Scene Four (mild eroticism).
Fitness Goals – I will focus on eating something each time I am hungry (and getting protein and magnesium into every other time I eat). I will be active enough that I can always feel my body and muscles. I will add more fruits and vegetables to my diet, and be more attentive to how much water I am drinking.
- I intend to continue to make this a priority, as it will add to my quality of life and help me to be feeling as healthy and energized as I can throughout the month.
- I am continuing to focus attention on these goals.
- I am eating more fruits and vegetables, and of a more diverse variety. Over the past days, I have enjoyed a butternut squash and a roasted vegetable souffle (frozen meals).
- Jim has continued bring me dinners that are veggie-filled, and light on cheese and sauces. I’ve had veggie tacos, seafood and chicken subs, fish tacos, chicken, veggie, and black bean burrito. and salad with grilled chicken and guacamole (I love guacamole!).
- Jim brought home honey-crisp apples, and I enjoyed one of those,frozen grapes, and a banana.
- On Saturday, I made a batch of smoothies using pomegranate seeds (I love pomegranates, too!), apple, pink grapefruit, banana, canned pineapple and juice, strawberry Greek yogurt, and ice cubes. It is really good! I froze some, and put some in the fridge (the kids tried it, but didn’t like it).
- I am drinking more water. I want more focus here.
- I am continuing to make sure that I am eating protein and magnesium.
- I will be recording my progress here, along with my energy levels for that Sunday – Tuesday or Wednesday – Saturday period.
- My activity level has been at Slack Tide during the last days. I’ve managed to move ahead on writing projects and hometending projects, and also to care for Achoo the kitten, who resisted our efforts to sequester her in true tiny feline fashion, and now roams freely about the house.
Moving ahead with the Reporting Pages projects for both children..
- These are non-negotiable and due on December 1, 2012.
- I will attempt to do 4 pages a week, and more if I am able, taking a few moments to deal with a point at a time, during the times when I am shifting from one activity to another throughout the day and night.
- I completed Annalise’s Sciences section.
- I finished Jeremiah’s Sciences section.
- I will report my progress here with each update.
- Progress is listed above.
- I am still not where I want to be with this goal, but, as I am now making this my main objective, and I am past the always-prodigious sciences sections, things will be moving along more quickly.
I am participating in the Thankvember Blog Hop.
I will be scheduling them ahead where and when I can. When I can’t, I will do them at some point throughout the day.
- I have completed and published 7 more posts for Thankvember. I currently have posts up through the seventeenth, and posts in various stages of development through the twenty-first.
- Abundance – Thankvember Eleventh
- Time – Thankvember Twelfth
- Family – Thankvember Thirteenth
- Myths – Thankvember Fourteenth
- A Livelihood – Thankvember Fifteenth
- PBS – Thankvember Sixteenth
- Balance – Thankvember Seventeenth
- Yes, I truly am caught up at last! Now, my focus for this goal will be on getting and maintaining at least a two or three day lead on these, so that I will finish writing and scheduling a few days ahead of month’s end.
- I am hoping to be caught up with posting by the thirteenth. If I manage that, then I will hopefully be able to begin scheduling by the fifteenth.
- I didn’t make these goals in the time frame I had hoped, but I have now attained both.
- I have scheduled my post for Thankvember Eighteenth, and hope to schedule at least one more before I sleep on Saturday night/Sunday morning.
My overarching goal for this round remains: To Honor Myself – my rhythms, energy, needs, truth, dreams, desires, and emotions.