Our lives became more interesting this week! The children were out playing in their giant leafpile, provided by a stand of scrub maples in the woodlot behind our house, when they caught sight of a tiny scrap of a tabby kitten trying to climb a tree.
She came right up and started climbing on Jeremiah, while Annalise came to get me.
When I saw that what they had was a kitten who couldn’t be older than 8 weeks, and maybe less, I knew we couldn’t leave her outside. It was going to be a cold, rainy night, and she weighed almost nothing, was sneezing, and her eyes were runny.
So I carried her inside, and we have made my office into her nursery, until she’s big and strong enough to roam the house and yard on her own. We’ve all fallen in love with this little girl who, although she’s clearly never lived in a house or with people before, has made her feisty little self perfectly and affectionately at home.
She’s had a bath (no fleas, but fly bites on her tiny ears), and I’ve given her a quick tea-bag compress on both eyes, which seems to have really cleared them up (maybe not permanently, but it’s a useful therapy I learned while working for a veterinarian).
We are still expecting two older semi-feral kittens, Srindi and Sqeak, to join our family in the next week or two…we will go from a cat-deficit that has existed since Margot the Manx died on September 11, to a cat-rich family…it may be tricky at first, but perhaps not. All are young and friendly, and the older girls will come to us after spaying when they will likely be calmer and more subdued…we will see. As we have no major away from home plans for the next week or two, we can be here to support everyone through the transition.
I predict much pouncing, adjusting, and purring…and, if felines make valuable muses, I should have some awesome writing ahead!
And now, I introduce to you….Miss Achoo Circles Burton!
Modified #ROW80 / #NaNoWriMo Projects November 1-30, 2012
I began with only five projects as my focal points for the month. Now that I have completed the challenge, I will be shifting my focus to the homeschool reports, and will also be interspersing smaller projects into my writing times. These will include catching up on email, Twitter, and blog comments; preparing and submitting; following up on some guest posting and awards business; and tidying things up so that I can spend the remainder of the round effectively.
So, without further ado, here is my own personal (and specific) five point plan:
- I will be keeping, as much as possible, to my established Monday/Thursday visiting schedule.
- If I can’t finish them on my regular visiting day, I will continue on subsequent days, until I complete them.
- Sunday posts:
- 47th ROW80 Check-In
- Short Check In, Belated ISWG Notes, and Some Plates
- Sunday Summary and #ROW80 Update
- Row80 Check-In Nov. 12th
- I will continue to post twice-weekly updates on my progress.
- This has not been a problem, so long as I keep track of what I am doing as I am doing it.
- Until this post, I haven’t been adding a lot of detail about my day-to-day life, as I have been involved in challenges that delve into those areas.
- I tend to get quite solitary when I am noveling. I intend, this time, to visit my buddies at least a few times each during the round, and to visit the NaNoWriMo 2012 Facebook Page at least once a day, as well as the #NaNoWriMo folks over atTwitter, which I am finally getting the hang of.
- I have continued to visit the Facebook NaNo Page, sometimes throughout the day, and others just to drop in here or there.
- I will be visiting my Writing Buddies during the course of the next days.
- I may even get around to check #NaNoWriMo!
- I am beginning to read the other interviews at My Write Spot (mine goes up a bit later in the month):
- #NaNoWriMo Interview: Sarah Aisling
- I intend to make comments on each interview after I read it, and to visit those interviewees who inspire or intrigue me.
- I will be posting updates here, and likely also on my shanjeniah’s Trueborn blog.
- I am continuing to do this.
- I may be adding more to the blog, as the next weeks unfold.
- I may attend one or more NaNo events.
- I have looked into it. There are no events planned in our area. I may or may not unofficially start one.
- And, of course, I will be writing a novel this month…or 50,000 words of one, anyway! =)
- I am currently at 50, 015 words, Chapter Nine, SceneThree.
- I reached the 50,000 word goal on November 13! I am taking a day or two away to focus more on my other writing goals, and maybe check on my Twitter and email for the first time in several days. I plan to continue on at a less intensive pace, until month’s end – I would like to complete the entire draft before the month ends, bit the reporting must come first.
- Excerpt from this session’s writing:
- Sima Garo Provides, Chapter Nine, Scene Two
Fitness Goals – I will focus on eating something each time I am hungry (and getting protein and magnesium into every other time I eat). I will be active enough that I can always feel my body and muscles. I will add more fruits and vegetables to my diet, and be more attentive to how much water I am drinking.
- I intend to continue to make this a priority, as it will add to my quality of life and help me to be feeling as healthy and energized as I can throughout the month.
- .I’ve made some very positive steps in this direction over the last day.
- I have been watchingDr. Oz in the early-morning hours, and it is shifting my thoughts about what role food plays in specific goals.
- I’m experimenting with adding more kale and Greek yogurt, to my my diet, and am enjoying both.
- I have some noori, and Annalise and I may be playing with it later today.
- I have made and consumed onion-lentil soup.
- I am becoming more conscious of hunger and thirst cues.
- I am continuing to attend to protein/magnesium, and plan on also adding B vitamins to my diet once or twice a day.
- I am considering adding a multivitamin…I’m not fond of taking pills of any type, but the payoff might be worth it.
- I will be recording my progress here, along with my energy levels for that Sunday – Tuesday or Wednesday – Saturday period.
- My activity level has been lower the last few days, as I have been tired and also hormonal, and have been writing copiously.
- I have moved some firewood, stacked some firewood, and done mellow hometending.
- I can still feel my body – it’s on the achy side, and fatigued.
- Oddly though, I do feel better, overall. And I feel a positive, natural shift beginning to take hold.
- My energy level over the last few days has been varying between Ebb andSlack Tides. That seems to be the typical pattern at this point in my ever-shifting hormonal cycle, and I am learning that attempting to push through it is not effective, and also seems futile.
Moving ahead with the Reporting Pages projects for both children..
- These are non-negotiable and due on December 1, 2012.
- I will attempt to do 4 pages a week, and more if I am able, taking a few moments to deal with a point at a time, during the times when I am shifting from one activity to another throughout the day and night.
- I haven’t gotten into a rhythm with this, but, now that I have passed the 50,000 word mark in NaNo, I plan on making this my primary focus to this project.
- I will report my progress here with each update.
- No progress to report for this session.
- There will be more to report here, next time.
I am participating in the Thankvember Blog Hop.
- I will be scheduling them ahead where and when I can. When I can’t, I will do them at some point throughout the day.
- I hope to be scheduling these ahead by the 15th.
- I am still behind, but not as far as I was, and I feel the next few days will bring good progress, now that I have completed the NaNo Challenge.
- I have completed and published 4 more posts for Thankvember. I currently have posts up through the tenth, and posts in various stages of development through the fourteenth.
- Touch – Thankvember Seventh
- Sight – Thankvember Eighth
- Scent – Thankvember Ninth
- Taste – Thankvember Tenth
- I am hoping to be caught up with posting by the thirteenth. If I manage that, then I will hopefully be able to begin scheduling by the fifteenth.
- I am current with posts in progress, although I did not meet the goal of being caught up with my posts by the thirteenth. The goal for the fifteenth was contingent upon meeting both of the previous goals, but I am going to focus on meeting it, anyway! =D
My overarching goal for this round remains: To Honor Myself – my rhythms, energy, needs, truth, dreams, desires, and emotions.
There you have it. I am LOVING this month of writing intensity, and focusing on allowing it and all the other aspects of my life to move into a natural, shifting balance, a circle that feeds each point in its orbits.
I plan to dive in, immerse myself to the point that I am able, and to surface when that is what I need or want to.
I plan to keep my life simple and peaceful as much as I am able, this month (and always).
I plan to delve, delight, and discover my way through this month….
And you are all invited along for the ride! =D
- Thankvember NaNoROW – ROW80 Update, 11/11/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Home – #ROW80, #NaNoWriMo, Thankvember, November 2012 (shanjeniah.com)
- NaNo and Gratitude in New Jersey – #ROW80, 11/4/12 (shanjeniah.com)
- Sight – Thankvember Eighth (shanjeniah.com)
- The Vagabond Studio: Thankvember Blog Hop (shanjeniah.com)
- Thankvember November 12 Today I am grateful for…. Old Books! (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- Taste – Thankvember Tenth (shanjeniah.com)
- NaNoWriMo got me started but… (bcsirrom.wordpress.com)
- Thankvember Day 14: Today I am Grateful to Live so Close to Bakersfield’s Bluffs (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)