I Ask No Forgiveness
I ask no forgiveness
For this slapdash poem.
You see, I was lost in another world
And forgot until now
That a poem was waiting within me
For its moment of birth.
And where is this other reality that held me?
This other world I lost myself in?
It is, too, my child, in a sense
Borne of me just as this poem.
It was, until yesterday, a world
I had lost.
And thought gone beyond retrieving
I gave thought to recreating,
And yet knew it could never
be the same as it had been
At conception, or at birth.
From the lost fog of a broken hard drive
Ministered by wise minds and gentle hands
My world has been reborn
Freed from its restricting
Plastic and electronic prison.
It breathes again, and fills my soul
With wild, elemental beauty
I must delve and soar there
I am captured
And cannot return
Until I am released.
And so today I offer
This ragged feral scrap
Perhaps a pretender to poetry
And then I return to my
Prosey -world immersion.
And I ask no forgiveness
For following the scent-trail
Of my own bliss.
It’s a BLOG HOP!
- October Evening, 7pm…OctPoWriMo #1 (shanjeniah.com)
- Changes and Progress…-ROW80 Goals Update, Oct. 24, 2012 (shanjeniah.com)
- Wheel Spins – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 24 (shanjeniah.com)
- Invisible? – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 5 (shanjeniah.com)
- Random – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 22, 2012 (shanjeniah.com)
- Embracing Presence – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 19, 2012 (shanjeniah.com)
- Last Night, We Laughed – OctPoWriMo, Oct.13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Unfettered Wordplay (Etheree) – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 20, 2012 (shanjeniah.com)
- Husband Humanity – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 8 (shanjeniah.com)
- Autumn in the Sky – OctPoWriMo, Oct. 15, 2012 (shanjeniah.com)