This will be a pretty basic post. We’ve had our fill of excitement, for the moment, and have all been staying very close to home (excepting my trip to the credit union and grocery store on Friday).
We’ve been eating comfort foods. We had celebratory Chinese. Jim is eager to make pizza (he may have to wait until the splint comes off his dominant right hand, though).
We’ve been recharging, and more interested in creative pursuits than physical or adventurous ones……
The kids have played in the snow with a neighborhood friend who had a snow day off from school; worked on G-Temple, their fort in the border of wood behind our house; searched for things they’d like to buy on EBay; begun exploring the 3D Taj Mahal puzzle we’ve had for years; helped with hometending; played with the pets; rollerbladed (Lise) a lot in the house; shoveled snow; and watched a wide variety of things on Netflix.
Round of Words 80 Goals Progress – Round 1, 2012:
- My Tiny Buddha essay and bio are written and proofed.
- Next, I will make sure everything is formatted as required.
- Submissions reopen on March 10, and I plan to submit just after midnight, so that I don’t miss the open window.
- At that point, this goal will be attained.
I will complete the rough draft of my unfinished NaNoWriMo novel, Chameleon’s Dish.
- I have completed Chapter Twenty, “Nockatee”.
- I have 1868 words written in Chapter Twenty-One, “Words, Words, Words“.
- I am definitely at the beginning of the end……and excited to see where we will end up….
- I have been remembering to post a bit more often on my Facebook Writer Page. I’ve added likes, links, samples, and comments, and the page now has 31 fans.
- I’m adjusting to the new Timeline layout for the page. I have ideas, but haven’t yet found the time and focus together to play with them, just yet.
- I have not posted to The Unfettered Life since February 25.
- I have an interview with Annalise in my drafts folder, just awaiting the addition of pictures before posting,
- I plan to post the completed interview either later tonight or early tomorrow.
- I have posted several times here:
- For the Platform Building Campaign;“Belated First Challenge”
- I updated my Bookmark Break Challenge 2012 page with February’s books.
- I updated my February progress in the Write 1 Sub 1 Monthly Challenge.
- I addressed my absence from the first days of the Platform Building campaign with “Slow Start”
- I joined in on the Trifextra Weekend Challenge with “4am Call”
- I created a new page, “Marketing Articles”.
I will write at least one book review, and a rough draft of a letter to my father-in-law.
- I have finally written the bulleted list of points to address with my father in law.
- I will let this rest until I’m calmer, then organize and flesh out.
- I don’t intend to devote a tremendous amount of time or angst to this project. I just want a basic, “It is not OK for you to treat us this way. Here’s how you can do better. Otherwise, we won’t be in touch much, in future.” letter.
- I have gotten through the first three posts on this blog.
- One was deleted; it was empty.
- I deleted another that held only a link to an article I intended to read later, but which I haven’t yet. I moved it to the new “Marketing Articles” page. where I will collect such pieces.
- I added photos and links to the third piece, “A New Version of an Old Endeavor…”
I will input one of my writing notebooks into Penzu, and clip all materials I would like to pursue further.
- I am on page 54 of 141 in my December 1999 Writing Practice Notebook.
- I am enjoying reliving history, seeing how I have changed, grown, and remained the same.
- Still finding nuggets worth clipping when I get to that point.
Jim and I have watched lots of Netflix, figured out ways to be affectionate that don’t hurt him; taken care of some of our backed-up family business (like paying the electric bill and getting groceries) ; engaged in gentle hometending – things are a fair bit more cluttered here than I prefer, but that is something that will have to wait until there is more energy and focus to tend to it.
We’re very much in recovery mode. Jim is sore and tired from healing. I am mentally and physically fatigued, as though I ran a type of emotional Iron Man race, and now must recuperate and renew.
I’m reading, and writing – a lot. Words and ideas and emotions are pouring from me. After the figurative breath-holding and water-treading, I feel as though I am in the midst of a protracted, floating exhale…….
Slowly, life is settling. We’re finding hints and bits of the vacation we meant to be in the middle of …..
More ROWing fun…!
- ROW80 Goals Update #9 -“Live Writing” (shanjeniah.wordpress.com)
- ROW60 Update”The Sweetest Leap” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update#10 – “Expansion and Immersion” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 GoalsUpdate- “Recovering….” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #13 – “Pondering Balance” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update#10 – “Expansion and Immersion” (shanjeniah.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #11 – “Wide Horizons” (shanjeniah.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #7 – “New Vistas and Small Acts of Courage” (shanjeniah.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #8 – “Our Floating Days” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #6 – “Ascent of the First Peak” (shanjeniah.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #12 – “Owning It” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update- “ROWing with the Flow” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update – “Entering the Final Rapids” (shanjeniah.com)
- Words Words Words… (letyourlanguagespeak.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 – “Commencing Countdown……” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #9 -“Live Writing” (shanjeniah.com)
- Row80 Goals Update – “Softening and Friction” (shanjeniah.com)